Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Bucket List

With the New Year approaching, everyone is talking about changing their lives, making resolutions, blah, blah, blah. I hate making resolutions...I'm ready to take on Calvin's New Year's philosophy. OR
Every year it seems I make this big plan to be different than I really am, and every year it just ends up not working out. I'm sure it's because it is really hard to change the person you actually are. Therefore, this year I resolve to just love myself the way that I am. I am NOT going to lose weight. I am NOT going to try to be "more religious". And I am definitely NOT going to try to cook more and like it. I'm going to be "Me" and I am going to like it. HOWEVER...
There are a few things that I do want to accomplish or at least try out in my life time. So here is my "Bucket List". There is no way I can accomplish these things in one year, but maybe within my short time on earth, I might get to it. Here's the list (in no particular order):
1. Travel and Tour Scotland and Ireland. If possible stay in a hotel that looks like this (I'd also like to see a rainbow while visiting Ireland, you know there is nothing more Irish than that.)
2. Take singing lessons and then belt out a solo in front of a crowd.
3. Talk to the President of the United States (on the phone, or in person).
4. Go skiing in Switzerland.
5. Visit Italy: ride in a gondola and see Rome.
6. Meet a HOT movie star for drinks at one of those Hollywood restaurants. Any of the following stars would do...
Viggo Mortensen:Who doesn't want a guy who could kill you an animal if you were starving? (Hopefully he would even wear his Aragorn costume when we met up)

Robert Pattinson: Definitely post haircut. It might be a little Demi Moore/Ashton Kutcher, but that is all right in L.A. :)







Christian Bale: Loved him since Newsies and Little Women.


Jude Law: The accent is what gets me here, not the hairline :)


Gerard Butler: He is unattached and can also sing like nobodies business. Maybe he would serenade me. You think?

(Looking at this, I realize that my "HOT STAR" list is kind of weird,huh, I wonder what that says about me?)

7. Teach high school or college instead of elementary school. Planning just a couple of lessons, having an hour of prep every day, and throwing really annoying students out of class would really be the life.
8. Have a book published (even if it only sells 2 copies)
9. Win a huge sum of money, and by huge I'm talking something over $500. I'm not picky or greedy, I just want to win!
10. Watch all of my kids graduate from college, get married, and be happy.
11. Be a cool grandma. Take my grand kids to concerts, movies, whatever, and have them be happy to hang out with me.
12. Drive a race car... doesn't even have to be in a race. I just want to do it.
13. Run a half marathon. I honestly have no desire to ever run a full marathon. Look at what happens to people who run marathons, and these people train for it. Insanity! But I would like to run a longer distance than a 10K.

14. Live outside of Utah. I have lived in Utah my whole life, never living further away than an hour or so drive from my parents house. I want to see what it is like living around people who won't freak out if I accidentally swear or buy a caffeinated beverage.
15. Swim with the dolphins, really just scuba dive. The ocean really freaks me out, so I want to conquer that fear and just do it.
16. Travel into space. I really wanted to work for NASA for a long time when I was growing up. That will obviously never happen, but I would still like to go up in a space craft and experience weightlessness.
17. Go shopping in Paris.
18. Spend Christmas in New York, staying at a really fabulous hotel of course.
19. Have one of my students do something great and attribute their success to their awesome fifth grade teacher.
20. Surgery for the sake of looking awesome; my preferences in order are: varicose vein removal, laser eye surgery, breast lift, botox, and last but not least lipo on my thighs. No, I don't consider myself vain, but I am not against doing things that make me look better than everyone else. :)
This short list is going to expand as I get older, and it will probably change every other second, but hopefully by publishing this I will be more likely to do these things. Now last but not least, I'm off to find a really old, rich person willing to fund my crazy adventures. Maybe I'll make that number 21...

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Resolutions suck.

Strawberry Shortcake said...

I love it Marge. I also love your hot list of male celebs. Did I ever tell you I saw Christian Bale in person in London? I wanted to go tell him I enjoyed his spit scene in Little Women, but my friend wouldn't go with me so I didn't. He is just as hot in person. Plus, I don't think your guys are bad. I just drooled over Jude Law in The Holiday.

Plus, I am starting to think we should do some of these things together and knock them out since we have some similar ones... especially the whole dolphin thing. I have had that dream for as long as I can remember.

Thanks for this, it was fun :) Happy New Year! (P.S. I never make resolutions... waste of time and guilt).

Amy said...

Hey, Margie! I finally visited your blog. I lost the paper Teresa gave me (maybe it's with all that money!) but today I realized I could find your blog on Teresa's whose address I actually remembered (at least by trial and error). Anyway, I was just thinking I needed to make some new years resolutions, but I hate them too. By February I've usually forgotten all about them anyway.

I love your wish about teaching college or high school. No kidding! Prep periods? What would that be like?

Anyway, happy new year!

Teresa Jordan said...

I'm holding you to this list. You better get busy. Just the "high school teacher" alone is going to take you 18 months of full time schooling :0)

micanders said...

I love this! If you ever need a travel buddy -give me a call! All of those places are on my list too. And put me on the waiting list for your book -I'll buy one!!