Sunday, January 4, 2009

Flu Fun!

Today is the last day of Christmas Break. I can't say that I am especially sad to see it gone. We really didn't DO anything this break. We had the usual Christmas fanfare, and went to a movie...but that is about it. To round up the fun my youngest got the stomach flu on New Years night and is just recovering from it today. EWWWW...I swear that this kid has had more stomach flu than the whole rest of our family combined. The interesting thing with this is that the throw up scares me to death. I know, it's crazy, but it seriously doesn't gross me out, it freaks me out. I am truly afraid of this. I told my hubby that this is an honest to goodness phobia for me, and he laughed. However, I looked it up and it is an actual phobia, and is actually in the top 10 phobias that people have. So I am a weirdo, but not, if you know what I mean. This means, if you are ever around me and mention that you have had the pukes, I will back up about 10 steps aways from you, and I won't be joking. It won't be my fault that I treat you like a pariah, I just HATE THROW UP. I've decided that God has given me this little boy who throws up every other week as a way to overcome my fear. If I could just get my breathing under control and stop the anxiety, I would be great. Until then...I will just deal with this horror...and start looking for plastic bubbles on Ebay. The whole hamster wheel thing is starting to sound pretty good right now.
Don't laugh...This could soon be me! Bubble Boy's mom.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Apparently, my coworker throws up if she someone else's throw up, so if any of the kids we work with yaks, guess who gets to do it. Lovely.

I hope he continues to be well and not barfy!

Strawberry Shortcake said...

I hope he feels better soon. I hate the throw up, but not as much as the poops. Yuck!

Unknown said...

That is so funny. I would want to be the one in the bubble though. Ethan throws up a lot to, but I'm not terrified of it. I just really hate cleaning it up. His bed is still not made after the last time he did, pretty sad huh!