Friday, December 26, 2008

Best Bowling Party, Ever!

The Whole Jordan Clan Oh Yes! I really am not a good bowler! I Maybe Can't Bowl, but I Sure Look Like a Model!
The Jordan family decided that instead of having the usual sit-on-Santa's-lap-gorge-yourself-on-food kind of Christmas parties, we would go out bowling instead. What a great idea! (Seriously Shirlene, nicely done). It was really fun, definitely not the usual cover-up-your-mouth-so-they-don't-notice-you're-yawning sort of get together. We bowled, we ate, we bowled some more, we lost my one-year-old, we ate, and we bowled some more. The Runaway before his escape
If Only He Would Stay This Interested the Whole Time!(Thanks to those kind BYU students who found Andy wandering the top floor of the building and thought to bring him back to the bowling alley, because of course, who else would lose their child but some idiot who was too into their bowling game!) I'm thinking we should make this a tradition. (the bowling party,not the losing children, of course). I beat my best score ever, but still have not caught my white whale (a game in which I score at least 100). I fully blame the machine which ate my ball on the last frame, forcing me to use some sub-par ball I wasn't used to, which made me completely choke. Therefore I scored a 97, so close to that ever elusive 100. Darn those cursed gutters, and that crappy ball with the too-small finger holes! Maybe next time, oh yes, bowling pins, your time is coming.
Anyway, thanks Jordan family for a totally fun, completely not feeling like the worst parent in the world, self-esteem boosting, party. You guys are awesome! See you next year, same lanes, same time (I hope). Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Ashley Bogard said...

That was so much fun, we need to do something like that every year! We are a pretty big group, funny to think all of that came from just 2 brothers.

Caleb said...

That is a fun and unusual Christmas party. I might ahve to suggest that to one of our families sometime. Kami