Jerry and I just went to St. George to celebrate our thirteen year anniversary. I can't believe it has been so long and that we can still stand being around each other. Maybe it's because we so seldom see each other with our opposite shifts, but sometimes when we finally go out on a "date" it feels like we really are dating again. I had so much fun with him and realize that he really can still make me laugh my head off. Our original plan was to have a romantic weekend, but when we accidentally heard the couple in the next room over being "romantic" or as Jerry and I code-worded it "talking really loud", we sorta changed our minds. YIKES! They actually woke us up with their "loud talk". Anyway, the rest of the weekend we went shopping and went to Les Miserables at the Tuacahn Ampitheater. (Wow that's quite a few words that I really don't know how to spell) The play was Wow! The singers were Amazing! It is so great to be married to someone for this long and still have so much to talk about and laugh about together. Sorry for the corniness, but it is about time I tell everyone how great my hubby really is. I guess thirteen is not such an unlucky number after all.
So I've been tagged to tell everyone six things about myself. My problem with this is that I think my 'secrets' will scared everyone about the kind of person I am. I seem so pure and innocent and I have done some pretty wild and crazy things in my day. I will try to keep this as "G" rated as possible.
1. I am the polar opposite of my sister Teresa. I HATE, HATE, HATE to cook. For me cooking ranks right up there with doing the dishes and the laundry. It's just one more thing that you do and then you just have to do it again 5 seconds later. This summer I tried to make a food calendar and make breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. I don't know how people do this. I felt like all I did all day was cook and clean up the cooking mess. I only lasted two weeks. A new record for me.
2. I am a singer to my core. I am singing in my head all day long. Almost anything anyone says sparks a song in my mind. I sing in the shower, the car, while I'm cleaning my house, just about everywhere. I can sing along with almost any song on the radio.
3. I am a really smart student and have always gotten excellent grades in school and scored really high on national tests, but I have almost zero common sense. Things that are very simple, I make difficult. I sometimes can't comprehend small easy tasks, but can do complex algebra problems. There is something definitely not wired correctly in my brain.
4. I went to Snow College for one year when I first got out of High school. For my last final, I skipped out of studying and went on a four day camping vacation with my best friend and two boys that were also my friends. I survived the entire trip on $23 dollars. We camped illegally in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. It was one of the most fun trips I've ever been on.
5. I love to write. I am currently writing my first book, which no one will probably ever read. I hate letting people read what I've writen. I want to be a famous author one day, but have a great fear of writing badly. So right now I am writing for me and loving every second of it.
6. My favorite part of teaching is the organizing and planning of it. I actually love to pour over curriculum and search for new teaching ideas. I would be a great curriculum specialist or some kind of planner. I wish teachers got paid more because I would start a business where I planned all their lessons for them and made the visuals and everything. I think it is the most fun part of teaching. I've been teaching for 8 going on 9 years and every year I teach everything pretty differently each time. I don't know how people get stagnet and teach the same thing all the time. I think the planning part is the best.