Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Presidents and Aliens

Should I Vote For...

THIS GUY?

THIS GUY?

OR THIS GUY?...

Wow! I just watched an entire show about all the technologies the world has achieved because of the Roswell UFO crash. Did you know we got fiber optic cable, lasers, cell phones, personal computers, and bullet proof vests from information that was gleaned from an alien space ship? It has to be true because of the head of the UFO society proved it. Did you also know that Barrack Obama's campaign was supported by terrorists in Pakistan, and John McCain is going to take away all types of Health Care for Americans? It has to be true because someone sent me an email that said it was true. What are the similarities between the two? Information with an opinion attached.
I am getting so tired of sorting out what is true and what is fake when it comes to our Presidential Candidates. I feel like I've been eating, sleeping, breathing political fodder for, like, 2 years! Enough is enough! Let's just vote and be done with it. I'm sick of politics. Give me a good Brangelina story, or a Brittany melt down. These are things that I can choose to gossip about without offending anyone.
What unites us as U.S. Citizens? Complaining and making fun of people of course. I want to stop debating about Democrats and Republicans, Obama and McCain, and start making fun of the true Hollywood idiots again. I want to stand in line at the grocery store and complain about the slowness of the line or the price of the milk I'm buying, and not discuss the economic crisis. I want to walk into the gas station and exchange a look with someone about the crazy weirdo using the pay phone outside, and not exchange an "I can't believe I just sold my soul for a full tank of gas" look. I am ready to walk into the polls on Election Day and vote for Elmo, because at least he would be cute as he ruined the economy, fueled the energy crisis, opened 7,000 Charter schools, put in school vouchers, and took away my health care. So I am done with the debates, the news stories, and the commercials telling me to vote for one candidate or another. Let's just do it already!
At least we can take comfort in the fact that the aliens are watching us from above, ready to bestowe a technology that will save us all in the end. Right?

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Seriously, I am the celebrity gossip whore of the world, because I can't deal with all the other crap.

I was excited for the candidates, but things never change. No matter who the candidate, they both lie, they both twist the truth, and they both tear each other down.

Blech.

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Amen! I had to leave watching the debates last night because I was going crazy! What better to run the economy than the gossip of Madonna's divorce or which teenage actress is pregnant? I mean, seriously, who cares about the issues... bring back crazy Britney. At least I felt better about myself... ;) and didn't have to worry about giving a kidney for a tank of gas (maybe that's why we have two).

Kristina P. said...

MJ, where have you been? We need a new blog!

Were you abducted?