Sunday, May 10, 2009

Staycation Spring Break

Spring break happens around here in mid-April, not May. However, I have currently been trying to be as lazy as I possibly can and am now just posting what we did for Spring Break this year. My fingers are already cramping up from the use. Therefore, in as shortened version as possible, here are our break highlights.
-Wednesday sat around being bored, decided to have another part of my varicose veins fixed on Thursday in the hopes I would get some good painkillers, and be in a tired stupor the rest of the time.
-Thursday, alas, legs feel perfectly fine. No painkillers needed at all. *SIGH* have to actually plan something fun to do.
-Friday, trip to the Living Planet Aquarium near the point of the mountain. Turns out to be not as lame as I thought it might be. Bought a season pass since I could pretty much sit and watch fish in a tank all day. Very relaxing! That is until I lose my "almost" two year old for 20 minutes. Find him playing in a fake canoe, completely not worried at all that he hasn't seen us for while. (*Note: my husband took this photo. I actually try to get people's faces when I take pictures. :)
After aquarium go to the Mayan for dinner. Once again, food is, how do I put this politely...barfy. However, get best seats in the house, kids have a blast, ends up being a very fun night.



-Saturday, trip to the Ogden Dinosaur Park w/Grandpa and Grandma, cousins, and Mindi and Jason. Andy is a crazy 2 year old the whole time, until I make him "scared" of the dinosaurs, then good. Nice day, lots of sun, Grandpa tries driving a different way and takes an hour longer getting home than he needs to (my dad has done this since I was little, so not a surprise, unfortunately). Another fun day.




-Sunday, recover from all the greatness. Start planning my Staycation for next year.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That looks like a great staycation! And I don't see a lot of pictures of you on here. You are beautiful!

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Looks like you had a blast! Your kids are so adorable :) Can't wait to see you guys!!!