Monday, May 25, 2009

Little Man Turns 2!

I can't believe my little Andy has actually turned two. His birthday came in with quite a bang and a turn with the stomache flu. Because of this, we had to postpone his birthday party. I was tempted to go exchange his present for that bubble I talked about in an earlier post, but decided that his bike would have to do. We had a small party on Saturday (though his birthday was earlier in the week), and he got some cute clothes, oh sorry, totally manly clothes, and some cars.

Because it is his birthday and he is growing up so fast I wanted to reflect on those things he can do today that he couldn't do just one year ago. In no particular order:
1) Say "Mommy, I yant that"
2) Try to go potty (he actually went for the first time the day before his birthday, but he sort of missed- oh well, I wouldn't want to have to navigate those waters if I were a guy)
3) Talk on the phone
4) Clean up the milk he spills (of course he just spills it again, but at least he tries)
5) Throw a mean temper tantrum
6) Devise distraction methods when he really wants something (like make a mess in the bathroom and while you clean it up sneak his own fruit snacks in the kitchen)
7) Pull the kitchen chairs into any room he wants to in order to reach things up high.
8) Say he loves me and will see me later when I drop him off at the babysitter
9) Dance like there's no one watching, but of course we all are watching (it's cute)
10) Fake cry (the boy is destined for stardom, he can even squeeze out fake tears)
11) Sing songs he hears on the radio
12) Come home from the babysitter and say "Tyty, Kay-ya, I'm home!"
13) Say "Daddy go work now?" seventeen times, even after he just watched Jerry walk out the door to go to work
14) Play with cars for at least an hour (I can actually get things done once in a while)
15) Help daddy with yard work
16) Pretend to drive the car and say "Bye, bye mom, I go work now"
17) Watch at least half of a video without getting into trouble
18) Love Mickey Mouse (Yay, he takes after his mom)
19) Copy almost anything he hears you or anyone else on TV say
and finally...
20) Give me hugs and kisses (this is big for him- he is not a cuddly kind of guy)

We love you Andy... And let the Terrible Twos commence!

Here are some random pics of his birthday party. They are pretty much hideous, reminding me once again how badly I need a new camera, and that I need to be the photographer. Jerry never gets closeups.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

How Cute! He's growing up. They say the cutest things. I don't think in 16 years he's going to want to be saying "bye bye I go to work." He'll probably say "I'm calling in sick" If we could all be kids again.

sarah said...

Well written post. Admission Essay Help Singapore