Sunday, March 1, 2009

Celebrity my *BEEP*

If you know me at all, you know I am a major celebrity gossip junkie. I buy People magazine on a regular basis (still can't commit myself to the $60 yearly rate though), I watch celebrity Extra all the time. I am usually minor obsessed with what they are up to and how their lives are going.

HOWEVER...

Lately I am a little disgusted with Celebrity Hype. How many awards shows do you have to have to pat yourself on the back?

I want an Educator Academy Award. And the award for the best comeback to a student comment goes to..., And the award for holding your pee the longest goes to..., And the award for executing with perfection a completely unplanned lesson goes to...
You see what I mean? NO ONE else has so many awards to congratulate themselves for doing...uh...THEIR JOB!

I am also a little angry that in these times, when the economy is horrible and we are all limiting our grocery shopping trips to Mac and Cheese and Raman Noodles, we get people dressing like this...

Now I know Miley is a teen idol, but what the _? And also what is up with this...
Did she clear out the total currency of a third world country for these monstrosities? I think these earrings are worth more than my house!

So celebrities, quit patting yourself on the back because you actually did what you are supposed to do, and quit flaunting your money to the world! I am now boycotting going out to the movies for at least the next week to show my distaste of the status quo. Honestly people quit giving your business to these people. Now I gotta go...Celebrity Apprentice starts in 2 minutes!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Ha! I am watching Celebrity Apprentice right now!

And I loved Miley's dress. But not on her.

Ashley Bogard said...

I agree! But I will not watch the apprentice, we hate Donald Trump, he is so arrogant. I won't give any more into his huge fortunes.

Amy said...

Amen! You deserve a pat on the back Margie. Seriously. You have one of the hardest jobs in existence.

Strawberry Shortcake said...

I couldn't agree more!!! I am obsessed (what else am I going to do, watch my kids? Psha!) They are ridiculous. I think you should steal the show. I don't buy people magazine, but I look at their website every day. Pathetic, I know. You are hilarious :)

"C" said...

OK so I think you just came up with the theme for our faculty closing social.. the TEACHER AWARD SHOW we can call them THE SPOAKSERS!! HAHA We can start planning who gets what award tomorrow at lunch. I'm excited!!

JoElle said...

I love your Educator Academy Award idea. I love reading your posts...they're so funny. If you do ever write a book, I'd read it.

Unknown said...

Maybe you should write for a magazine. I don't ever make it to the movies, so I can defenitly support your cause. I don't watch any celebrity shows either. You'll be a great writer.