Friday, March 27, 2009

The First Tiny Babystep

If you read my bucket list post you know that one of the things I posted was to get a book published, so I just joined a Writer's Group and had my first meeting with other fellow wanna-be authors. I have to say...It...was...so...much...fun! (You were expecting a sarcastic comment weren't you?) I had one of those "Wow, I'm right where I should be" kind-of moments. Everyone was so funny and talented and gave such great feedback. I am really excited about it. For once in my life I said I am going to do something, and I am actually working to do it. I am currently working on my first YA novel and am loving it. I wish I had more time to concentrate without getting up to get drinks and break up fights every two seconds, but you know those are the dangers of doing stuff for yourself when you are a mom. Also, I am in charge of our meeting next month and have to come up with an agenda and things for us to do and work on in our writing. Anyone have any good suggestions?

3 comments:

Strawberry Shortcake said...

How cool are you? When you become rich and famous, remember the little (albeit fat) people like your cousin Megan ;) I think you should sit around and talk about Stephanie Meyer, because that is what all women writers should be discussing, shouldn't they? JUST KIDDING. Congratulations, my dear cousin :) We can't wait to see you guys!

Kristina P. said...

I came to tell you that you've been missed, but I see you posted when I was on my bloggy vacation!

That's so exciting! COngrats!

Beck's said...

I wish that I had any ability to write. I am horrible. It sounds like fun. I hope all is well
Jodi Whicker Beck