Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ready for School

So summer has come and gone and a new school year starts tomorrow. I have spent so many hours in my classroom this summer that it hardly seems like I left. I am feeling a little nervous being at a new school and not knowing what to do. I'm sure it'll come easy, but I still feel scared; like the first day on a new job. The kids are ready to go and excited though. Ty has a boy teacher for the first time, and Micky thinks her teacher is, and I quote, "so cute". Andrew is going to a new babysitter also, and seems to really like them. It is interesting because they are both deaf and use hearing aids. He especially likes the babysitter's husband for some reason. We are crossing our fingers for a great babysitting and school year. I'm posting some pictures of my room that I worked so hard on. My theme is Pirates: Sailing into Learning.



2 comments:

Hilary said...

Your classroom looks great! I bet your students will love you. Happy first day of school.

Hilary

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Great work, Margie! I wish I was in your class. I hope you had a great week!