Friday, August 8, 2008

Cramming in Summer






Well summer is grinding to a halt with me having to go back to school next week. YUCK! I'm feeling the pinch of losing my freedom, so we are doing as much as we can in this last week. Yesterday we decided to go on a picnic at Bridal Veil Falls. So we called up my sister mindi and her family, my cousin Heather and her daughter, and my cousin Holly and her 3 kids. We packed a lunch for the kids,loaded up the cars with car seats (stupid new car seat laws mean everyone pretty much needs one),and stopped at Zupas for food for the grown-ups. I love Zupas 'Nuts About Berries' salad. After about an hour we finally headed up the canyon only to find out that Bridal Veil Falls is closed off because of a huge fire blazing there. Supposedly this was all over the news, but I hate to watch the news. Unfortunately I'm one of those people who prefer to remain ignorant and believe the world can be a happy place. Anyway, luckily we found a different park, Nunn's Park, very close by. We were able to picnic in the shade and while we ate the kids played on a cement slab close by, reminding me that kids find fun things to do no matter where you are. They eventually gravitated toward a water spout where Andrew of course fell into the muddy water underneath the spout. (You'll notice he's wearing different clothes in the pictures.) We talking the kids into playing on the actual playground they had there and then they waded in the Provo river. It turned out to be a fun day even though it seemed to take forever to get to the actual picnic. I've found that taking more than one child under the age of 3 is harder than I remembered it, and we had 9 under the age of 7. It was crazy, but memorable. Sometimes the best times come when you least expect it. Hopefully I can cram a couple of more memorable moments in before I head back to the grind.

1 comment:

Ashley Bogard said...

I feel the same way, I have to go back to work in a week too! So sad. Well when you need a spa day from the back to school stress call me and we'll book something. Or even go get lunch there.