Thursday, July 24, 2008

Duh...Camera... Idiot!

Today my family had the most fun and I, of course, did not have camera in hand to record it. So you get a boring update until I can figure out how to get the grainy, hard-to-see pictures off of my cell phone. (Why do they even have cameras on cell phones when you can barely even make out the pictures anyway?) Anyhoo...
We went and visited one of my school friends, and then went for a gourmet lunch at where else? Carls Jr. Okay, so not the best food, but my kids had fun playing on the playland. Andrew is even getting old enough that he was able to climb half-way up the slide and slide down again.
Next we headed to Nunn's park and the kids waded in Bridal Veil falls. McKayla's exact words were, "Wow mom, this park is so beautiful". And she was right, it was a nicely kept park and the falls are, as always, georgeous. We definitely want to head up there again with our swimsuits and a picnic lunch.
After that, we decided to go bowling at FatCats in Provo. I don't know if it was the strobe lights or what, but I bowled my best game ever... a whopping 95. I also only had 3 gutter balls for two games, which, if you ask my sisters, is very awesome for me. I am the champion of gutter balls. Ty beat everyone and was very proud, Micky got a glow necklace and was very proud, and Andy got to drive an arcade race car the whole time and that made him very proud. We had a great time together just hanging out as a family.
When we got home, our very best neighbors in the entire world (everyone should have these kind of neighbors) invited us over for a barbeque, and since we love them we couldn't say no. We were having a good old time when someone said, "Hey, look at that." So I turned to see Andy just having a good old time fully clothed in their kiddy pool (thank goodness he didn't drown). He was just smiling and splashing away (once again a Kodak moment with no Kodak to mark the occasion). So we took him home and changed his clothes, and we weren't back 5 minutes before he grabbed a full cup of pop and dumped it all over himself. Oh well, brown matched that outfit, right? At this point we had had a very long day, but our neighbors invited the kids to go watch the fireworks and they were off again. Whew... what a day. But if every day could be this fun filled life would be great. You gotta appreciate the good times! However, next time...I better have my camera!

2 comments:

JoElle said...

Congrats on your bowling game. The last time I went bowling it on a Wii.

Strawberry Shortcake said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous day! I guess we need to have the camera attached!