Friday, June 13, 2008

Moving Woes

I am changing schools for this next 2008-2009 school year, and I have to say moving is a pain. I finally got my class packed up and ready to go, so Jerry and I went and moved all my stuff to Spanish Oaks (my new school). Imagine my delight when I arrive and there is another teacher's stuff all over my classroom. I walked down to the office to ask the principal if the old teacher wasn't done moving yet, but she was done. She moved all the way to Texas and left everything for me. Wasn't she nice? So now I have to clean out the classroom before I can move my stuff in. What a pain:( However, I was pleasantly surprised to see 7 computers in my classroom. I have my own mini-lab and it works! I guess with a little sweet you usually have to have a little sour.
I am excited to move, but the crazy teacher dreams have already begun; the one where I show up late to school on the first day and I am teaching with a smile on my face until I look down and realize I forgot to put pants on. I'm thinking in the back of my mind that maybe the students haven't noticed yet, but they will any minute so I better do something. The rest of the dream consists of me trying to get home but getting lost with every turn I take. My other favorite teacher dream is when I am sleeping peacefully and get a call from the school. It is the first day and why am I not at school yet. I rush to my classroom, burst through the door and there are so many desks that I can't walk through the classroom. I have to climb through the maze of desks until I reach the front of the room (which is weird because the door was at the front of the room). While I'm stumbling there the students are jumping off the counters and yelling and screaming and I can't control anything. Honestly, you have to love Teacher Anxiety. Hopefully as the summer proceeds I will sleep peacefully again.

3 comments:

JoElle said...

Some people are so inconsiderate! Good luck in the new school.

Ashley Bogard said...

Last night was so fun, let's plan an outside movie night soon! our address is bogardfamily.blogspot.com
ASH!

Unknown said...

Hi Margie- I am just poking around on people's blogs and decided to check yours again! Sorry about the classroom- I know that is not fun! You are teaching in Spanish Fork now, right? That is going to be great to be closer to home, but I'm sorry, unitl I have the option of sticking my kids in your class it just isn't good enough! HAhaha... can you beliece Connley is in Junior High this year? weird.....
later- Ramona