Saturday, June 7, 2008

Birthday Mania at my House

I did not plan for my three children very well. They all have their birthdays within 2 weeks of each other. My 1 year old's b-day and May 20th, my 9 year old's is June 4th, and my 6 year old's is June 5th. Needless to say "Birthday Mania" is just ending at my house. We had a small family party for the baby. My 9 year old didn't get a party this year (It is just too darn hard to do 2 birthdays back to back every year, so they only get a party every other year). Since he didn't get a party, we still had to do something fun to celebrate. We ended up inviting cousins and going to a bounce place called Jumping Jacks and having a sleepover.
My daughter is the one who had the full-blown B-Day Party. We planned for a water party, but the weather cancelled it out. Instead we had all her friends wear their PJs and bring a pillow and we did a pretend slumber party. The girls were all actually very good, and we had a blast playing games, dressing up in silly outfits, having a dance party, painting fingernails, and unfortunately for the girl's parents, painting our faces with pink frosting from the cupcakes (that dye they put in bakery frosting is pretty much permanent). I did not give them permission for that last part, but expect the unexpected when it comes to 6 year olds. Tomorrow, Sunday, we are having all the family over for a big BBQ to wrap it all up. Then (*sigh*) we are all done for one more year. Once birthday season is over my summer really begins. Whew!

1 comment:

JoElle said...

Love the new look of your blog. Talk about Birthday mania...our friends, the Hubers, just had their fourth child. She was born at 12:23 am and if she had been born 23 minutes earlier she would've had the same birthday as her two older brothers...who are not twins! They were actually in the news because Frankie also delivered the baby in the car while her husband was checking to see if a local Instacare was open, which it wasn't. Anyway, sorry long post, but I have been thinking of all my nieces and nephews and how they are getting so old. Love JoElle